Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tyler Tales

Here are some things Tyler has amused us with lately:

We went to the Boone Pool for opening night last Friday and Tyler enjoyed the 2 wading pools and then pointed to the big pool and wanted to try it out...but then he saw the water slide and could not understand my reasoning that the water slide was not like the slide at the park and he was not old enough for this one...almost had to leave the pool due to the melt down that occurred.

After watching me weed the flower garden several weeks ago and helping me put some of the weeds into the wheel barrel after I pulled them up and handed them to him...yesterday Tyler took his new little plastic wheel barrel out into the yard, picked a dandelion, put it in his wheel barrel, and then pushed the wheel barrel around the house and out to dump in the stick/burn pile. Monkey see, monkey do!

We played in the garage last night because it was raining so hard outside. He was kicking his soccer ball around and it finally ended up rolling under my car and stopped in the dead center, too far to reach - without a moments pause, Tyler ran over to get his plastic dump truck, sat it down under my car and gave it a push in the direction of the ball. The truck bumped into the ball and pushed the ball out the other side! I was impressed with his young ingenuity!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogger world, Traci! I love your layout! I look forward to reading all about the Haselhuhn Happenings!
    I was also very impressed with the way Tyler got his ball back! Most kids his age would probably just whine until someone helped them. Great problem solving, Tyler!

    ReplyDelete