Friday, September 10, 2010

More Tyler Tales

We moved Tyler across the hall (the former spare bedroom) and into his new room decorated in the Disney Cars theme and into a big boy bed! He has made a pretty easy transition. We even left the baby monitor in the nursery and told him to come to our room if he needs us. He loved the independence of being able to get out of bed on his own in the mornings! Usually one of us is up by 6:30-8:00am when he normally cracks open his door, but one morning something woke me up at 5:30am and I went to check on him...his door was open and he was not in bed and I started to panic, then I heard a whimper from the top landing of the staircase and found him sitting there - broke my heart! He was wide awake, however, and demanded breakfast - we were both ready for a nap that day!

Tyler stays in bed very well at night once we have red him books and close the door, but nap time has been more difficult. One day I had to put him back in several times and I finally came in the find this....

Tyler has been taking his climbing skills to new heights in our house recently...
He has also found a new hobby in stashing his toys under things that are hard to get them out of - like under the stove, fridge, and china hutch - no matter how many times we tell him not to.

Words have been pouring out of him lately, and numbers, and people's names he hasn't said before, he also likes to point out each stop sign we drive up to by saying "Stop...and GO!" Letters were a surprising achievement. I got some crackers at the store that have Scrabble letters on them and during his snack he walked over to me and held one out and said "O". I thought he was just trying to share them with me, but he insisted on showing me that the cracker had an "O" on it - then we went through the rest of the crackers and he got most of them right - and I haven't even been teaching letters to him - I guess our IPTV viewing is entertaining AND educational - who'd have known!

Here is one last "photo with a story to tell" that I wanted to share...
I was upstairs with Tyler putting clean laundry away and I heard Tyler pull his laundry basket out of his closet and I heard him walk back down stairs to watch the end of the movie we had left running. However, I did not hear the thump of the basket going down the stairs...so I was surprised to find this when I came down the steps! Not sure how he managed to get it down the stairs, up on the ottoman, and crawl into it - but he did! Then he intently watched the credits from his own "car" while I took a picture!

1 comment: