Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

We traveled to Clarinda for Easter weekend. It was an extra special weekend because for the first time in her life, my 78-year-old grandma Geer had a birthday the same day as Easter, so the whole family gathered for an extra special Sunday celebration.

We started the weekend with Tyler's 3rd annual Easter egg hunt on the courthouse lawn. (I have decided no more pregnant pictures of me - I just don't photograph well right now!!)
Tyler got to see the Easter bunny before the hunt started. As you can see, he wasn't impressed! I was the town's Easter bunny for many years growing up. The Chamber of Commerce rep at the hunt joked that I wouldn't fit in the costume this year!
And the hunt begins!
Showing off his candy!
One of the eggs Tyler got in the hunt had a coupon for a free candy bar at Easters, so he and Adam went over to find a candy bar and also take a couple of rides on the horse while I was running other errands.
The guys also spent some time at the library before meeting up with me for lunch at Vaughn's
With all of the family in town, we got hotel rooms instead of crowding in at Grandma's house. Tyler enjoyed swimming in the hotel pool! I got a bed all to myself and the guys shared - well...as you can see toddlers don't share well!
Tyler finding the basket the Easter Bunny left for him in his hotel room.
He wanted to play with the hollow chocolate bunny -
the thought of biting off it's ears didn't seem right to him!
The siblings outside of church
The family
Easter egg hunt back at Grandma's house
After awhile his bucket got so heavy he decided to leave it in one spot and just run the eggs back to put in it rather than lug it around. Problem solver!
The great-grand kids: Kelsey, Soley, Tyler & Brodie
The sun finally came out and warmed up the afternoon.
Here is the birthday girl!
Playing in the yard and burning off energy from the Easter candy and the birthday cake

No comments:

Post a Comment