Thursday, April 14, 2011

Latest Tyler Tales

One morning after watching Bambi - Tyler woke up at 7:20 a.m., bounded out of his room, sat down on the carpeted floor outside him room, and started pounding his leg/foot on the floor. Then he said, "I'ma thumping my leg...like Thumper!"

On Tuesday Tyler and I enjoyed the beautiful weather and spent 2 hours outside before his nap (including a lunch picnic). Tyler helped me full weeds in the flower bed and put them in the wheel barrel. He said several times to himself, "Ima helping Mommy!" then suddenly he sighed and said, "This a hard work!" Tyler got to spend 2 more hours outside with Adam after his nap, too, but the phrase "this is hard work" is now his new catch phrase.

This morning Tyler woke up and went into Adam's office to talk to him while he woke up a bit more. Adam eventually told him to go downstairs where I was. Tyler stood at the top of the stairs looking down for a moment and then with a gravely sleepy voice said, "there's too many stairs!" - Oh to exert so much effort so early in the morning - being 7 months pregnant, I know exactly how he feels, which is why I was laughing so hard after hearing what he said. Unfortunately, no one offers to carry ME up and down the stairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment