Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tyler Tales

We have been trying to take Tyler up for the children's sermon during church over the last month - much to the amusement of the congregation! We have tried to explain sitting still and listening, but our toddler doesn't quite comprehend those words yet. The first time there were only 3 kids and Tyler found so many interesting things to look at up front that he kept interrupting the Pastor to point out things. Once he actually waved his hand in Pastor Dahle's face and said "Wait, wait, I want to talk! Look at the cross!" Then he said "Wait, I have to tell you something, look over there!" I was afraid the Pastor was going to get so distracted he would loose track of what he was trying to say the children's sermon would never end! The next time Tyler sat next to a girl whose shoes lit up when she walked and Tyler quickly noticed that they would also light up if he pounded on the floor next to the pulpit! Last Sunday I walked him to the front and tried sitting on the front pew while he sat up front with one of his friends, but he decided to run around the communion railing instead and I banged my knee into the railing really hard when I was trying to stop him. I tried making him sit next to me or on my lap, but he was completely unc0operative until he saw that the Pastor was passing out lifesavers candy. When he went up to get his piece he said loudly, "Mommy needs one too!" (and everyone laughed). Yup, that's my kid - always looking out for me - or thinking it will help sweeten me up!

Last night at my mom's house Tyler was playing with a Toy Story race track. When the cars race down the track it says, "You've got a play date with destiny!" Tyler knows my friend Bethany from church and has spent a few days at her home day care and we were also there this week to visit for an evening. So, Adam and I thought it was cute when he thought the toy was saying, "You've got a play date with Bethany" and he repeated those words every time the cars raced!

1 comment: