Saturday, June 9, 2012

Saying Goodbye to Grandma

We found out that my Grandma's funeral wasn't going to be held until Thursday and since we were already down there and Adam had already taken some days off work for the week, we packed up the camping gear and headed to my Geer Grandparents house for the rest of the week. Tyler enjoyed a creek walk with Adam and my Mom, he went to the library with Aunt Emily, swam at the hotel pool with Uncle John, played at the park with cousin Brodie, and got a tractor ride with Grandpa. He also got to ride in Grandpa Geers big farm pick-up truck in his new booster seat. He said "This is SO EXCITING!" Having him busy freed me up to spend time with my Stephens side of the family and get ready for the visitation and funeral.

 
After the visitation we fit the entire Stephens family into the back room of J's Pizza for dinner. I can't remember when we all fit inside the same room to eat a meal!! If I counted right there were about 47 of us.

Family photos after the funeral and following the lunch at the Christian Church. This is my family - Tyler didn't want his photo taken

My Grandpa Carl and his kids
All 17 Grandkids who will miss their Grandma Lois very much!
It was an exhausting and emotional week. Thank you to everyone who sent cards and prayers my way!
This is a picture I am so thankful to have from the last time I saw my Grandma.

1 comment:

  1. That is a GREAT picture of Grandma. I think she felt good that day.

    ReplyDelete